Dose and Risk Assessment
Welcome to the DOE Office of Nuclear Safety and Environment (Dose and Risk Resources) Web
Page! We develop and coordinate guidance, policy, and technical assistance on dose and risk assessment issues to Program and Operations Offices in response to emerging environmental requirements. We focus on the ecological, radiological, and doses & risks. Select from the following areas of interest:
- Overview of this Focus Area.
- HS-20 Policy and Guidance Documents — Access on-line HS-20 guidance documents, memoranda, and other dose- and risk-related documents.
- Tools and Models — Follow these links to on-line or downloadable dose and risk assessment tools.
- Dose and Risk Assessment Databases — A set of on-line, interactive databases containing dose coefficients, screening benchmarks, and human health effects databases that may result from exposure to various contaminants found in the environment. These values are typically applied in performing dose and risk assessments.
- Workshops and Conferences — A list of conferences, meetings, and workshops that may be of interest to our users.
- Key References, Definitions, Acronym Lists, and Tutorials — Links to sites offering basic information on dose and risk assessment.
- Other Risk-Related Web Sites — Links to other potentially useful Web sites