Accident Recordkeeping and Reporting
- CAIRS Database The Computerized
Accident/Incident Reporting System is a database used to collect and analyze DOE
and DOE contractor reports of injuries, illnesses, and other accidents that occur
during DOE operations.
- Injury and Illness Dashboard The Dashboard provides an alternate interface to CAIRS information. The initial release of the Dashboard allows analysis of composite DOE-wide information and summary information by Program Office, and site. Additional data feature are under development.
- CAIRS Registration Form
CAIRS is a Government computer system and, as such, has security requirements that
must be followed. Access to the database is open to DOE and DOE contractors. Additional
information regarding CAIRS registration maybe found here.
- Facts About CAIRS This section
provides answers to some basic questions about the CAIRS database. It includes information
on accessing the database and provides a summary of some of the information contained
in the system.
- References and Resources This section
provides a link to various DOE and external references used in the accident recordkeeping
and reporting program, including the Users' Manual for CAIRS, the OSHA Recordkeeping
webpage, frequently asked questions, and the DOE directives which establish the
- Statistics This site contains links
to various summary accident information, as reported by DOE and DOE contractor organization.
A link is also provided to the Bureau of Labor Statistics webpage, where similar
occupational injury and illness accident information is available.
- Standards Assistance The OSH Regulatory
and Policy Response Line provides assistance to DOE and DOE contractors on questions
on applicability of various standards, including the accident recordkeeping. This
site provides a link to the DOE Standards Response Line and to the OSHA Letters
- Training This section provides
a link to the CAIRS Direct Data Entry On-line Training Module, which is a self-paced
training module that allows users to complete training on electronic submittal of
CAIRS reports. This page also includes notifications of upcoming workshops or training
that may be of interest to the recordkeeping and reporting program managers.
- What's New Provides a link to notify
CAIRS users of various items of interest.
For further information on the CAIRS system, please contact Janet Macon.