Nuclear and Facility Safety Policy Rules
DOE provides safety requirements and guidance in a number of forms. One form in which we publish requirements is through rulemaking. Federal rules and regulations are published in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and are noticed for review and comment by members of the public in the Federal Register (FR) consistent with the Administrative Procedures Act. Requirements in rules apply to our contractors whether or not they are also incorporated in DOE contracts.
Nuclear and Facility Safety Policy Rules addresses nuclear safety requirements in the 10 CFR Part 830, Nuclear Safety Management. Click on the links below to see the Federal Register notices for 10 CFR Part 830.
Rule Contact: Garrett Smith
Nuclear Safety Management
Related DOE Nuclear Safety Rules in CFR
The following may be found at The National Archives & Records Administration's Code of Federal Regulations Web site:
- 10 CFR Part 820, Procedural Rules of DOE Nuclear Activities (final)
- 10 CFR Part 834, Radiation Protection of the Public and the Environment (proposed)
- 10 CFR Part 835, Occupational Radiation Protection (final)
- 10 CFR 707, Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites (final)
- 10 CFR 708, DOE Contractor Employee Protection Program (final)