Risk Assessment Technical Experts Working Group (RWG)
Scope of Risk Assessment Technical Expert Working
Group (RWG) Activities
The Risk Assessment Technical Expert Working Group (RWG) was established to assist DOE in the appropriate and effective
use of quantitative risk assessment specifically in nuclear safety related activities. Activities that the RWG will support include:
- Responding to questions on proper application of risk assessment tools.
- As requested by field or program offices, perform formal or informal peer reviews of risk assessments.
- Supporting development of training on use of risk assessment tools.
- Supporting DOE's study of nuclear safety application of risk at DOE Sites and Facility.
- Evaluating results of DOE study of risk assessment and recommend follow on actions.
- Supporting development of risk assessment Policy, Requirement, Guidance, or Standards as appropriate.
- Peer Review of Waste Treatment Plant QRA.
- Support NTC Development of Risk Management Training Course.
- Support study of other Federal agencies' and DOE's use and control of quantitative risk assessment in safety decision-making.
|For Further Information Contact
||Phone: (301) 903-7440