Former Worker Medical Screening Program (FWP)
Program implementation focuses on four specific activities,
- Outreach: Identify and notify eligible DOE workers about FWP
medical screening services.
- Medical Screening: Provide medical screening exams that are
designed to check for health conditions related to occupational
exposures to former workers who choose to participate in the
program, including a re-screen exam every three years.
- Communicating Results: Provide exam results to participants,
as well as information regarding any conditions that may require
follow-up medical care with their personal physicians or specialists,
and provide information regarding possible compensation for
work-related illnesses. Follow-up care is not covered by the
- Protecting Participant Personally Identifiable Information/Protected
- Sharing De-identified Data: Use the collected information
to implement new strategies for worker safety and health at
DOE sites and to inform researchers while still protecting sensitive
participant information and confidentiality.
Program Manager: Mary