Office of Worker Safety and Health Enforcement
The Office of Worker Safety and Health Enforcement implements the Department's congressionally mandated worker safety and health enforcement program in accordance
with 10 CFR 851.
- Implements a worker safety and health enforcement program that includes processes and incentives for contractors to promptly identify, report,
and correct safety issues and noncompliance.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of contractor programs in meeting DOE safety requirements and the self-regulatory criteria required for enforcement discretion by DOE.
- Investigates and resolves, through enforcement
actions and civil penalties, significant contractor
violations of DOE worker and safety requirements
that do not warrant enforcement discretion.
- Works closely with DOE field and program elements,
in coordination with the Offices of Health and
Safety, Corporate Safety Analysis, and Independent
Oversight, to implement the DOE worker safety
and health enforcement program.
- Conducts and participates in various activities
that facilitate improved contractor performance
including conduct of DOE and contractor PAAA coordinator
training and coordination with the Energy Facility
Contractors Group (EFCOG) PAAA working group.
- Provides feedback and lessons learned on worker
safety performance issues through the Enforcement
Web Page and promulgation of additional enforcement
For further information, please contact Annette
This page was last updated on
January 25, 2013