Visitors who are NOT U.S. Citizens
Office of Foreign Visits & Assignments, 301-903-3652
- Must be approved by the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Undersecretary or Program Secretarial Officer or their designee prior to the visit.
- A visit can be up to 30 days; an assignment is more than 30 days.
PROCESSING REQUIRED BY YOUR HEADQUARTERS SECURITY OFFICER (HSO):
- Security plans are developed and required reviews are completed.
- Visit/Visitor data is entered into the Foreign Access Central Tracking System (FACTS).
- Escorts know their escorting responsibilities.
- Hosts are U. S. citizens and know their hosting responsibilities.
HIGH-LEVEL PROTOCOL VISITS:
- This is a visit to the Secretary, Deputy or Undersecretaries, or Program Secretarial Officers.
- Limited to diplomats or senior foreign government officials.
- Requires a request memorandum to be submitted to the Office of Headquarters Security Operations prior to the visit (Room 1G-042 or fax to 6-7952).
- Must be approved in the FACTS the day of the visit.
EMERGENCY VISITS TO THE PRINCIPALS:
Contact a Protective Force Officer who will notify the Office of Headquarters Physical Protection
Team at 202-586-8075. Your HSO must ensure input of the appropriate information into FACTS the
next business day.
After normal business hours Protective Force contact numbers: